Tufts University hosts 15th annual Tufts Community Day
MEDFORD/SOMERVILLE, Mass (Sept. 6, 2017) – Tufts University, in cooperation with the cities of Medford and Somerville, will host the 15th annual Community Day festival from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 24, 2017. The event, which is free and open to the public, will be held rain or shine on the Tufts University Academic Green in the center of the Medford/Somerville campus.
This annual event is a wonderful opportunity for neighbors, residents and families of the cities to explore the work and accomplishments of community organizations and city departments. Live performances include dance, song, music and a street band parade by the School of Honk. Student artists will provide face painting, caricature drawing and craft activities. A free BBQ lunch and refreshments will be served.
- Medford community groups such as Friends of the Medford Public Library, Medford Arts Center (introducing MARV the Art Bus!), Medford Family Network, Medford Farmers Market and West Medford Open Studios;
- Somerville community groups such as Groundwork Somerville, Somerville Farm to School Project, The Welcome Project, Somerville Museum and Arts at the Armory;
- Tufts programs such as Tufts University School of Dental Medicine's Smile Squad, SOTA featuring the "Sensory Car Wash," Tufts Electric Racing, the Society of Women Engineers and Tufts Literacy Corps;
- Live performances by song, dance and theater groups including the School of Honk and Tufts student groups the Jackson Jills, Beelzebubs, Jumbo Jugglers and B.E.A.T.s percussion; and
- Children's activities such as face-painting, a scavenger hunt, crafts, story time with Tufts Traveling Treasure Trunk and "Kidditch" (Quidditch for kids).
Free garage parking is available directly behind the event location in the Dowling Hall Garage at 419 Boston Avenue, Medford.
Please see http://cday.tufts.edu for additional event details.
About Tufts University
Tufts University, located on campuses in Boston, Medford/Somerville and Grafton, Massachusetts, and in Talloires, France, is recognized among the premier research universities in the United States. Tufts enjoys a global reputation for academic excellence and for the preparation of students as leaders in a wide range of professions. A growing number of innovative teaching and research initiatives span all Tufts campuses, and collaboration among the faculty and students in the undergraduate, graduate and professional programs across the university's schools is widely encouraged.