Tufts University hosts 16th annual Tufts Community Day
For More Information or to Request a Photo from this News Release, Contact:
MEDFORD/SOMERVILLE, Mass. (Sept. 6, 2018)—Tufts University, in cooperation with the cities of Medford and Somerville, will host the 16th annual Community Day festival from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 30. The event, which is free and open to the public, will be held rain or shine on the Tufts University Academic Green in the center of the Medford/Somerville campus.
This annual event is a wonderful opportunity for neighbors, residents and families of the cities to explore the work and accomplishments of community organizations and city departments. Live performances include dance, song, music and a street band parade by the School of Honk. Student artists will provide face painting, caricature drawing and craft activities. A free BBQ lunch and refreshments will be served.
- Medford community groups such as Medford Arts Council, Medford Family Network, Medford Girl Scouts and Zonta Club of Medford;
- Somerville community groups such as Somerville Garden Club, Historic Somerville, Somerville YMCA and Somerville Museum;
- Tufts programs such as Tufts University School of Dental Medicine's Smile Squad, Tufts Society of Women Engineers, Tytell Laboratory and Resumed Education for Adult Learning (REAL);
- Live performances by song, dance and theater groups including the School of Honk and Tufts student groups the Jackson Jills, Beelzebubs and Jumbo Raas; and
- Children's activities such as face-painting, crafts, story time with Tufts Traveling Treasure Trunk and "Kidditch" (Quidditch for kids).
Free garage parking is available directly behind the event location in the Dowling Hall Garage at 419 Boston Avenue, Medford.
Please see http://cday.tufts.edu for additional event details.
About Tufts University
Tufts University, located on campuses in Boston, Medford/Somerville and Grafton, Massachusetts, and in Talloires, France, is recognized among the premier research universities in the United States. Tufts enjoys a global reputation for academic excellence and for the preparation of students as leaders in a wide range of professions. A growing number of innovative teaching and research initiatives span all Tufts campuses, and collaboration among the faculty and students in the undergraduate, graduate and professional programs across the university's schools is widely encouraged.